Monday, December 8, 2008

My book shelf

Bought O henry's collection of short stories. Bad choice...shud hv known that short stories rn't my cup of tea. The book store lady convinced me that David Copperfield was the book for me. I took her advice as she claimed to b a literature/psychology doctorate..or smthin to that effect. big mistake again...i shud hv realised after reading Oliver Twist that Dickens is way too depressing for me. Deepa was quick to remind me of it when i told her bout my purchase. This time when i went to buy books...i was careful enff NOT to take advice from the shop vallas or the store vaalis. Ended up buying Jerome K Jerome's 3 men in a boat...read bout 70 pages.....ws funny at times but cudnt sustain my imagination(but i am determined to finish it) so i moved to Alcott's Little Women...Read bout 100 pages so far...I lv it! Crime and Punishment is still locked in my Book store bag as I am scared to open a HUGE novel . Bt i hv heard sm zillion positive comments bout tht book..so i think that will gv me the courage that i need.I dunno wt's wid me....there r VERY FEW novels that i find interesting enff to read till the end.

No comments: