Wednesday, June 11, 2008

a plea

I finished watching "An Inconvenient Truth" and I felt the urge to recommend it to everyone I know. The sheer reality and the rawness of the way the topic of global warming has been dealt with made me sit up and take notice. I know what you must be thinking... “why should I waste one hour and thirty minutes watching a documentary on global warming when I can do whole lotta interesting stuff?” well, I don’t have an answer for that but all I can say is that watch it for your own sake. I never thought that a documentary could be so unbiased and sans implicit motive. I say watch it for what it is. We all need to do what we can to counter global warming. I am planning to talk to my school principal about it when I meet him next week or so. I would like to make some suggestions to him as to how we can make the younger generation more aware about the causes and the consequences of this issue. I believe that the first step required to take this problem head on is to make people aware of the existence of the problem. I think this documentary succeeds to a large extent in helping this cause. Therefore, I am spreading the word to my friends and people I know.

No comments: