Wednesday, March 19, 2008

hi..am bhavna and im from......uh...mmm...

They: so bhavna...where are u from?
me: i don't know...

5 seconds of awkward silence

they: well where is your home?
me: i don't kno...

silence again...then a fake smile from both the parties

they:ok...let's keep it simple. where is your family.
me: baroda......well as of now baroda.

they: what?
me: well they just moved in a day ago

they: ...
me:i gotta go...nice talking to you...

chandigarh, hoshiarpur, bareilly, chandigarh, mumbai, hyderabad, Kolkata and now Baroda...yes, u guessed it....my dad is in a bank....it ain't easy
just wn im sure that i have found "friends"...i know i gotta move away.....the word "home" doesn't mean mch to me
earlier i used to feel that it's a movement away from something with no sense of a "movement towards"...and it used to leave me helpless....
but now i have friends in all corners of India(thanks to my relatives that are spread throughout the country)..
it's amazing to have known so many cultures and so many different kinds of people..i still don't kno if it is a movement "towards" something but i think i have found my place...within

feels good to b home....

7 comments:

Arun said...

nice.... u knw na mumbai ka ek ghar toh hai where u can walk in anytime u want... :)
and if plans go accordingly, there could b a few branches in the next couple of years :D

Bhavna said...

hehehehehehehhehehhehe....im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad i have u as my friend!!!

Cruising Bullet said...

it felt like reading a few lines outta Shadow Lines... do we have Amitav Ghosh here...

that we share this thing about having different places have the honor of being called home by us...its sometimes a nice feeling... We are vagabonds, travelers, gypsies though we never set out to be..
i love the feeling of being lost in a new place asking for directions every few years

Bhavna said...

azeeeeeeeeeeet ;)

pls keep buzzing in....i lv it...

Nitcoolish said...

wel written.............ab toh pro writer ho gayeee yar tu....nice

Bhavna said...

ehhe...sab aapki ganeemat hai ;)

Anonymous said...

The last line said it all....